Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Memory T-shirt Throw

Happy Days! My grown daughter is home on leave from the Air Force and will do a two week stint with her recruiter. When she left last year for basic training she boxed up most of her bedroom...turned into 9 very large boxes and a dresser full. She came back with a MOUNTAIN of stuff. No kidding, I think she has a clown car. The stuff just kept coming out of it. I have no idea how she fit in there with all of it.

Now, she comes by the rat packery honsetly so I really do understand her reluctance to toss her stuff. She did decide to downsize her t-shirt & hoodie collection. Since we were going to donate all the unwanted things, making a tshirt blanket was the perfect idea.

I spent a few hours cutting out the panels, then 5 more sewing them up along the sides and adding bits of other clothing. This isn't, by any means, going to be a quilt. Just a gathering of her favorite memories to take to the new and unfamiliar palce. I can't wait for it to be finished so I can see the look on her face :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment