Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Next Up....Simplicity 3833

I know, I know...why start a new dress when I have all those unfinished projects lying around the cave? I'm hoping inspiration will find me some day soon, till then, I've started on Simplicity 3833. It's a very easy pattern with a minimum of pattern pieces. A thought on muslins: I worried that so much time put into a muslin would dim my enthusiasm for the final run. How wrong I was! Not only was this method enlightening, it made me really think about how things fit and the process of adjusting seams and darts. Not to mention how wonderful it was to cut the fashion fabric with muslin pattern pieces instead of tissue ones. It was glorious - I'm going to find it very difficult to use the tissue pattern in the future :o)

The Pattern:


The Fabric:
a bright golden yellow matelasse


Here are a few pics of the muslin process:



It needed another bust dart - it was gaping at the armhole.


...added a smidge to each side seam

....and a bit to the center back seam.

Tomorrrow I will be sewing this baby up, got the zipper and organza (for Hong Kong seams) today. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment