Sunday, January 4, 2009

Vintage Pattern Vogue 7393

This vintage pattern was part of a group of patterns purchased from eBay. I didn't particularly want the others but this one called my name. It's a "semi-fitted A-line, double breasted step-in dress with notched collar and pockets in the side seams."







I spent an hour or so measuring myself and She to get it just right. Turning dials, adjusting the height of her. I pin fit the pattern and decided the back needed to be widened about an inch - made a notation on the pattern piece and off to the dining room table I went. From my stash I chose an olive green stretch cotton with a very small grid pattern to it.










After I had the major seams sewn I tried it on She....waaaaaayyy too big. Damn. I took about 2.5 inches off each back side seam and viola - it fits! Making adjustments with a dress form was fantastic.






Bound buttonholes were a snap using this tutorial. They take a ton more time than regular ones but definitely worth the effort.










It's not quite finished...it needs a hem, buttons and snaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment