Monday, March 24, 2008

Just a Hop, Skip or Jump

I seem to jump around a lot.

Translation: my attention can be commandeered in an instant, a blink of the eye, at the drop of a hat, well...you get the idea. It happens fast. Let me out and about on the Internet and I'm like a fat kid eating cake. I adore the Internet; it's a lot like a great encyclopedia, but better...much, much better.

Hop: Just last week I wanted a dog, not just any dog mind you, but a very specific (as in he already has a name) dog.
Skip: The excitement sparked again about Pennsic Wars, the big SCA yearly gathering, because of a fabulous picture gallery I stumbled upon.
Jump: Then, looking for a "how-to" on parasol making I came across a Burning Man website.

When I thought about what draws me to Pennsic and Burning Man, I realized I could get my fix, for now, through Ren Faires, museum visits, and camping with my family. Not the same, I know, but it's better than not playing, participating, creating just because it's not feasible to do the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment