Monday, July 14, 2008

Vogue 8233

Another dress finished...another non-fitting garment for my collection. Rats! I chose the size for the dress based on the measurements given and its too big on top, mostly fits on the bottom. The disappointment cooked up by something that doesn't fit properly is demoralizing, initially makes me not want to tackle another project.

Somethings I learned from this dress: 1) Don't use crinkle gauze as a bodice lining...it stretches. When the top half of the dress was finished I tried it on (no late stage surprises this time) and it fit nicely. I added the skirt with one ruffle, view , and it stretched the top.
2) I really need a dress form. Thinking back over the last few dresses and tops that I've made I realized I keep making the same sizing mistakes.
3) Using the serger on the long, straight seams is fantastic!

I'm going to wash it tonight, maybe all the handling it got while being sewed stretched it out some. Pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment