Monday, January 9, 2012

Goal: \ˈgōl, : the end toward which effort is directed :

This year I WILL reduce the size of the stash.  As soon as I get it all back up onto the shelves I'll get a picture.  We moved recently but over the summer I was able to get it all up on shelves in my gigantic laundry room.  But everytime we showed folks around the new house the inevitable comment was made.. "Wow, there's so much of it". It was making me feel bad so I put it back into boxes.  

I think I know why I keep collecting fabric and TONS of patterns, not to mention years of Burda, and not much to show for it.  I get hung up on fabric selection because choosing a fabric suitable for the pattern has always been a challenge for me.  There are few things I've made that I love.  And then there's the whole "I don't want to waste it and use a fabric I love on the wrong garment."  Such a dilemma.

The bane of my sewing existence?  Button holes.  One would think practising would help... not me - mine still look like I did them with a chain saw. 

So.. the goals: 
1) reduce the stash by a quarter (doesn't sound like a lot but wait until you see what we're talking about here)
2) Make more tops and brave the buttonholes!  Or find a Tailor/dry cleaners that will do them for me :o)
3) Choose my absolute favorite piece of fabric and go for it!

Wish me luck.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment