Sunday, May 17, 2009

McCalls 5314


The latest addition to my daughter's wardrobe is finished. I can hardly wait to see it on her. She lives 6 states west of here so fitting sessions are non-existent. I made a muslin out of the top of the dress the last time she was home but I'm unsure about the skirt length. Needing a measurement, even if only semi accurate, I had her measure from her armpit to the break in her knee thinking it would be easy for her to get....she used a 12" ruler. I know, made me laugh too. So, 2.5 ruler lengths later the hem is done. I left it a tad bit longer in case we need to adjust the hem later. That sucker was miles long! The dress goes into the mail tomorrow, she'll bring it back when she visits. Hopefully she'll get a pic of herself in it before June, if not, it'll be on our "To-Do" list :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment