Sunday, May 17, 2009

Vogue 8534


Started and finished all in one afternoon! I needed an easy-quickie...the last dress took a bit of time to complete and I wanted instant satisfaction. I chose Vogue 8534, View A, out of a light weight red matte jersey.


Yummy silky stuff I got from Joann's the last time DD and her BFF were here. I didn't make a muslin of this one...that would really defeat the easy-quick feel of it, don't ya think?

The directions call for a single line of stitching across the pleats in the front. Does anyone else feel like that's just too much of risk? If you pop a stitch while wearing it you're done for. This thought came to me after I had already sewn the neckline. The double needle used on the sleeve and the bottom hems wasn't an option without tearing out the original stitches. Ripping out stitches does not an easy-quickie make. So I added another row of stitches about 1/8" from the originals.

Initially I planned on using the contoured hem of View B but while trimming threads I snipped a 1/4" hole into the lower portion of the blouse. Arrrrggghhhh! The planets are aligned against the quickie part of this operation. I wasn't able to totally eliminate the hole but at least it's on the underside of the hem and not smack in the middle of the top.



All in all, I'm quite pleased with this top....maybe a print next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment