Wednesday, December 29, 2010

M5924..Ugh

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

It did to a point...mine was much longer.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

The fit of the neck was my favorite part.  The sleeves were a tad snug and I've got puny arms.


Fabric UsedAubergine 100% Cotton rib knit from Fabric.com




Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I added 2" to each side of the bodice and skirt because of my lack of a waist. Turns out it was unneeded - I had to delete all but 5/8".  And wasn't that a fun job....I had already serged all the seams (I know, what was I thinking???)  Because the pleats go right to the edge of the seam I was unable to just zip up the sides to take it in.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Nope, it looked terrible on me.  After I had it sewn up I realized it's reminiscent of the 80's style of dresses I used to wear way back when.  They weren't flattering then...still aren't.  My son absolutely refused to take a picture of me in it - he said it was probably the ugliest thing he's seen all year.  Don't hold back.


Conclusion: I won't sew this one again.  Now I need to decide if I'll cut it down to a top because I like the cowl/turtleneck or harvest as much fabric as possible for another project.

No comments:

Post a Comment