Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Room is Done....Well, Mostly

The new sewing room is nearly finished! The color, Woodlawn Silver Brook, a Valspar paint from Lowe's, is absolutely fab. I was so excited about it I put all my old stuff into it and was seriously underwhelmed. Three plastic tables and assorted plastic buckets...I needed something a little more permanent so off to Ikea I went...twice. The dark brown-black Expedit squares and tables/legs contrast wonderfully with the walls. When I chose the legs for the table I decided on this trestle type:















Turns out they're not as steady as these are:














Trip three to Ikea today to return the trestles and purchase 4 more legs only to find out they don't have black in stock. Someone had just purchased the last box of them...that's one hundred legs! What does one do with a hundred table legs?? The fellas that told me the leg story said they'd have more in tomorrow which actually works out as I forgot the receipt for the trestles.

The furniture issue should be solved tomorrow then it'll be on to a window treatment. Over the Turkey Day weekend I popped into Hancock to take advantage of the patterns on sale and found some graphite and white slubby material (not sure what the fiber content is) that I thought would be great made up as Vogue 7361. The more I look at it the more I want to make a fabric covered valance for the new room with it. Not sure I want to make curtains out of fabric meant for a garment tho...a little too Scarlett.

I've got my next 4 or 5 sewing projects all lined up for cutting. The sewing will have to wait until I get the room finished tho - I'm not sure where I put everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment